Protection mechanisms in the framework
Protection mechanisms in the framework in order to protect the rights and interests of consumers, the Albanian state has undertaken special initiatives and mechanisms such as. the establishment of the Consumer Association, which is a civil society organization independent of manufacturers, retailers, suppliers or service providers. The Consumer Protection Association is represented on behalf of its members and acts in the interest of all consumers. Through its representative it gives opinions on the proposed legal acts that may have an impact on consumers, participates in meetings that are in the interest of the consumer, mediates between central bodies and consumers as well as between traders and consumers in order to protection of the interests of the latter.
This association informs consumers about their rights and presents the list of traders who during the past years have harmed consumers, or deliberately sold goods dangerous to the health and safety of consumers. For any right that is violated, the consumer or the consumer protection association can complain to the competent administrative bodies, charged by law for consumer protection, such as AKU.
Manufacturers and service providers need to bring safe goods and services to market. Safe goods and services are considered those goods and services, which meet:
Local standards; European standards set out in International Conventions and legitimate consumer safety requirements.
Rules and regulations, relating to safety and health standards and conditions, which the good or service must meet before entering the market, will be established by special laws dealing with this framework r.
Another protection mechanism created by state structures in this regard is the Consumer Protection Agency, which is based on the protection of certain consumer rights and aims to increase the interaction and effectiveness of work to meet the objectives planned through monitoring and evaluation of some of the most important areas directly related to life activity such as:
- It aims for consumers to be better informed and self-determining in order to possess relevant knowledge on their rights in relation to the market and the provision of public services.
- Also aims at monitoring, control of urban territory and protection from illegal interference, pollution and violations, which in support of legal provisions are defined as administrative violations.
- Monitoring the quality of public transport, means of transport available from companies that provide this service.
- Evidence and monitoring of the occupation of public spaces from inert and hazardous waste dumps.
- Control of community services and monitoring of Municipality projects related to community services
- Training and certification of operators that provide public food service in bars, restaurants and hotels.